A holster bag might be the solution for me

When I started looking for a camera bag for my still not delivered Canon 5D Mark III I didn't think of looking at holster bags - I simply thought they were too small to hold anything of the length I was looking for.

But it turns out that I was wrong, and there are indeed holster - or top loaders - that will fit a good sized DSLR with a 70-200mm zoom and the hood attached (extended)

I posted in the dpreview.com forum for suggestions to a bag and one user came back with a recommendation for a specific Think Tank bag - the DH 50 V2.0.

Unlike most other camera bag descriptions Think Tank didn't just provide the internal and external dimensions, but they mentioned specific lenses that would fit in the bag, on a Pro-size DSLR and with the hood extended.

Lowepro seems to make a similar bag - the Toploader Pro 75 AW - but I can't find any description or review that tells me exactly what I can expect to fit in the bag.

I've added the bag recommended in the forum to a page with some of the other suggested camera bags