I've lost my patience

I've been hanging on to the shop where I ordered my Canon 5D Mark III for quite some time now - partly because the shop came recommended from a few friends and largely because the camera was $200 cheaper than the other shops.

This shop isn't the only one that have been changing their delivery dates - other shops have had identical patterns in their promised delivery dates.

Until recently where some shops started listing the body as "in store" while other stores still have it backordered.

On the 18th they changed the promised date from July 20 to July 30 and this morning they changed it once again - this time it's August 8th.

And today it pushed me over the edge.

It's not that I don't care about the $200 difference, but it has gotten to a point where I care more about getting my camera than saving some money.

So today I'm setting out to find a shop that have both the Canon 5D Mark III and the Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS II USM available.


Will I end up paying more for my gear than originally planned? - sure, but there's a point where wanting the camera trumps wanting the discount - and I'm at that point now.