I've jinxed myself...again

Smiley nospeak
Smiley nospeak (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Talking about how close I am to getting my 5D Mark III delivered is a sure way to have the delivery date postponed - again.

When I checked my order a few hours ago the date had changed from June 22 to July 7.

So naturally I contact the store again to get some info on the believability of this new date.

First reply I get is that they expect it to arrive on June 22.

So I call them on the fact that my order page was changed from June 22 to July7.

Not really fair because the changes had been visible for a few minutes when I contacted them and the poor guy in customer support had no way of knowing this.

Anyway, the reply now is that they will receive a limited number of units on the 22. and that they will go to the first people in the queue.

Obviously I don't understand this - if the date on my order in June 22 how come I'm not one of those people who are first on the list?

And more importantly, how can I now put any trust in the new delivery date? I have no idea how many people are ahead of me in the queue so any number of units could go to someone else.

So I ask for his best estimate (not a guarantee) based on his experience with how Canon delivers on their promises and adheres to promised delivery dates.

And this is where it starts to get really interesting.

He says that if they start delivering (which they haven't so far), then there's a good chance. And then he adds that they are behind because of the big demand and that they've only delivered to their official partners so far.

So now I'm pissed at both the store and Canon Denmark.

The store could have told me the first time I contacted them that they are not official Canon partners and that they don't really expect to receive any unit from Canon before their official partners have been served first.

And Canon Denmark could have told me when I contacted them that they are only shipping to their official partners so far.

Since when have keeping important information from your paying customers been a good way to run your business and improve your reputation as a trustworthy company?

Enhanced by Zemanta