I've finally decided on my next new camera - the Canon EOS 5D Mark III


I've finally decided on my next new camera - the Canon EOS 5D Mark III.

My first DSLR was a Nikon D70s which I have now outgrown. I'm not a professional photographer, I'm not even an expert photographer, I'm more of a happy amateur that have bumped his head against the limitations and constraints of his current camera.

Initially I looked at the reviews of the Nikon D800 and D800e, but somehow I ended up looking at the 5D Mark III as well.

I knew I couldn't justify getting a D4 or a 1D X, but both the D800 and the 5D Mark III was within budget.


  • Deciding on the new camera: Check
  • Getting the wife to think it's necessary and not just nice to have: Check
  • Getting it delivered: .....


The availability of the 5D Mark III at the moment is nothing to brag about, and very few shops will commit to a shipping date - I guess they are all just waiting for their ordered units to ship from Canon.

I'm placing my order today with the company I think has the new camera in store relatively shortly... and then I'm keeping my fingers crossed.